Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hodder's Angie Willocks reports from London on anniversary of Christchurch quake



We had a Hodder Bake Off here, raising money  for Christchurch.   It was a great way for me to feel like I was doing something positive, and the generous people at Hodder to feel like they were helping out.  
An amazing turn out of cakes, all baked by my wonderful team mates. I went a little Kiwi mad and made ANZAC biscuits, Afghans, and a Boston Bun!  Also made Pumpkin and Chocolate chips in honour of my favourite muffins from the Boulevard Bakery in the Arts Centre, which I think is sadly no longer.
I'm going to see the documentary When A City Falls tonight, with a few of my Christchurch friends.  I think I'll be needing a big packet of tissues.  I can't even imagine what it will be like back home at the moment.
Footnote:
Thanks Angie, I'll bet you needed those tissues, I certainly did. It was an emotion-packed day.

1 comment:

SW said...

Just stumbled across this post Graham and saw your lovely comments about the Pumpkin & Chocolate Muffins from the Boulevard Bakehouse. Sadly the bakery no longer exists but the owners recreated the muffin mix into a dry mix so anyone can bake it at home! You can find them here: www.pompons.co.nz
And they are as delicious as the original ones :)